About Me

My photo
A food technologist by education, techno- commercial by profession and a foody at heart. Discovering and appreciating good food is my habit and experimenting with various flavors, and cooking techniques my passion! Food styling is my hobby and eating a favourite! Why this blog name? Because I always look for the green dot, because I am a vegetarian - no egg,no gelatin! I believe that you can find good food anywhere, sometimes at the places you least expect!I also believe that food is meant to be shared and its okay when you offer somebody your favourite food and secretly wish that he refuses so that you can have it all by yourself!Good food is omnipresent! You need to have the nose for it :)

Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Banana Walnut slice

Baking is now my latest obsession-it has started growing on me! You wont believe me if I tell you that I am literally thinking about baking 24X7.
This morning when my spouse caught me baking at the wee hours of morning, he was taken aback!
My urge to bake was simply irresistible and I started as early as 5 am!
I baked a banana walnut loaf today, very healthy, very yummy!
Here is the recipe:


This is how it looked, I didn't have a loaf tin so had to manage with a cake tin... 

I thought of clicking pics for every step but was too impatient!





INGREDIENTS:

1. Whole wheat flour : 1.5 cup
2. Ripe Bananas : 3
3. Milk: 1cup
4. Maple/ Golden syrup / honey :2T
5. Chopped walnuts : 1/2 cup
6. Refined oil : 1/2cup
7. Salt: 1/2t
8. Baking soda: 1t
9. Baking Powder : 2t
10. Omega Mix :1T

METHOD:

1. Mix all the dry ingredients (except the walnuts and omega mix )and sift through thrice.
2. Blend and whisk all wet ingredients.
3. Mix the two by cut and fold method, being careful of not over mixing.
4. Fold in the omega mix and chopped walnuts
5. Transfer to a greased mold and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out  clean.
6. Demould. Let it cool on a wire rack and cut into thick slices. Serve hot or at room temperature.

PS: This has just the right amount of sweetness for adults. However,if serving to  kids , sandwich some nutella between the two slices.

No comments: