About Me

My photo
A food technologist by education, techno- commercial by profession and a foody at heart. Discovering and appreciating good food is my habit and experimenting with various flavors, and cooking techniques my passion! Food styling is my hobby and eating a favourite! Why this blog name? Because I always look for the green dot, because I am a vegetarian - no egg,no gelatin! I believe that you can find good food anywhere, sometimes at the places you least expect!I also believe that food is meant to be shared and its okay when you offer somebody your favourite food and secretly wish that he refuses so that you can have it all by yourself!Good food is omnipresent! You need to have the nose for it :)

Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tabbouleh

I have had very limited exposure to the Arabic cuisine. I somehow happened to taste this salad during my visit to Dubai; and today decided to replicate it in my kitchen! This is a very healthy and fresh salad and is predominated by fresh parsley notes. It can be heaped on a pita bread or can be served as a side and for small eaters, this can be a meal in itself.

                                                                                                  INGREDIENTS


  • Couscous : 1cup
  • Bell pepper( finely chopped): 1
  • Tomatoes (finely chopped) :2
  • Onion ( finely chopped) :1
  • Black olive (sliced) : 3T
  • Olive oil 2T
  • Lime juice 2T
  • Parsley (finely chopped): 2T
  • Mint leaves (finely chopped) : 1T
  • Salt : To taste
PROCEDURE

1 Bring 1 cup water to boil along with some salt and 1t salt
2 Remove from flame and sprinkle couscous, delicately stirring it.
3 Cover the lid and let it rest for 2-3 minutes
4 Fluff up with a fork and add chopped tomatoes,bell peppers, onions and olives.
5 In a bowl or dressing shaker, whisk the olive oil, lime jiuce, herbs and salt.
6 Mix the dressing into the salad.
7 Cover with lid and stotre in the refrigerator for couple of hours to help the flavours blend in.
8 Serve cold with warm pita bread.


No comments: