About Me

My photo
A food technologist by education, techno- commercial by profession and a foody at heart. Discovering and appreciating good food is my habit and experimenting with various flavors, and cooking techniques my passion! Food styling is my hobby and eating a favourite! Why this blog name? Because I always look for the green dot, because I am a vegetarian - no egg,no gelatin! I believe that you can find good food anywhere, sometimes at the places you least expect!I also believe that food is meant to be shared and its okay when you offer somebody your favourite food and secretly wish that he refuses so that you can have it all by yourself!Good food is omnipresent! You need to have the nose for it :)

Translate

Thursday, February 7, 2013

The blushing raita

Beetroot Raita














INGREDIENTS

Beetroot    1no.(small)
Curd          200g
Mustard seeds   1t
Whole red chili    2no.
Ghee           1t
Salt              To taste


DIRECTIONS

1. Blend the curd with some water with the help of a whisker.
2.Puree the beetoot , mixing with a little water.
3. Mix the pureed beetroot with the whisked curd and add salt to taste.
4. Heat ghee in a long stemmed spoon and add mustard seeds and wait till you hear the crackling sound.
5 Add whole red chilli and stir till it swells up.
6 Try and bring some fire into the ghee.( be very careful so as not to burn)
7 Immediately put the above mixture into the raita and cover with the lid.
8 Serve chilled.

P.S : Whisking will help in air incorporation, which would give a very smooth creamy texture.

No comments: