About Me

My photo
A food technologist by education, techno- commercial by profession and a foody at heart. Discovering and appreciating good food is my habit and experimenting with various flavors, and cooking techniques my passion! Food styling is my hobby and eating a favourite! Why this blog name? Because I always look for the green dot, because I am a vegetarian - no egg,no gelatin! I believe that you can find good food anywhere, sometimes at the places you least expect!I also believe that food is meant to be shared and its okay when you offer somebody your favourite food and secretly wish that he refuses so that you can have it all by yourself!Good food is omnipresent! You need to have the nose for it :)

Translate

Friday, June 7, 2013

Lichi Icecream





Ingredients:

Lychee : 1.5kg
Milk : 1kg
Condensed milk: 1/2 tin
Corn flour: 2T


Procedure:

1. Peel all the lychees.
2. Remove all stones, carefully securing all juice that drips.


3 Puree half the lychees and tear the rest.
4 In a heavy bottomed pan, boil milk and reduce to half
5 Add condensed milk  and cook for 5 minutes.
6 Dissolve cornflour in cold milk and slowly add to above mixture.
7 Cook till you achieve, 'coat a spoon' consistency.
8 Pour in aluminium vessel, cover with foil and freeze.
9 Churn the mixture with a whipper when the freezing sets in.

10 Repeat above step 2-3 times.
11. Add the pureed lychee and the lychee chunks.
12 Let it freeze.
13. Serve chilled

PS:: Instead of 1.5kg buy 2kg lychees, you will end up eating half a kilo while peeling!
Now this is sheer experience.








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting...will try soon !!

kavita bhatnagar said...

:) let me know then!