About Me

My photo
A food technologist by education, techno- commercial by profession and a foody at heart. Discovering and appreciating good food is my habit and experimenting with various flavors, and cooking techniques my passion! Food styling is my hobby and eating a favourite! Why this blog name? Because I always look for the green dot, because I am a vegetarian - no egg,no gelatin! I believe that you can find good food anywhere, sometimes at the places you least expect!I also believe that food is meant to be shared and its okay when you offer somebody your favourite food and secretly wish that he refuses so that you can have it all by yourself!Good food is omnipresent! You need to have the nose for it :)

Translate

Thursday, February 7, 2013

An afternoon at The Oberoi Gurgaon

The pleasant weather coaxed me for a coffee in the pattiserrie at The Oberoi Gurgaon. I love their waterbody and the hospitality. If you want to have some real serious quality bakery stuff, Oberoi is the answer.
 I started exploring the eggless variants in the pastries and tarts.
Only two eggless variants were available, Belgian chocolate pastry and the classic black forest.
The Black forest pastry
The chocolate was toooo dark for me so made up my mind for the black forest pastry. This choice, led to ammendment in my original choice of having a cappucinno. Thinking that may be the cappucinno and this pastry wont pair well, I settled for green leaf tea and let me tell you, this was a wise decision...The delicate flavour of the pastry was not ruined by intense cappucino and in fact my freshly brewed tea accompanied it so verry well...Ah the rains! I soo louve you!
I did not return empty handed from there, but picked up the fresh focassia instead.


PS: This has already triggered the recipe creator in me and I sooo badly need to make a relish to accompany this focassia.
I consider it as being my responsibility to make a Tomato relish  for this mean foccassia :)

No comments: